Randy represents small and large businesses, as well as individuals, in business disputes such as contract disputes, complex business litigation, labor and employment matters, and internal investigations. He also has experience defending and advising businesses regarding general liability matters, including personal injury claims.
As an experienced litigator and trial attorney, Randy has:
- Successfully defended a business client during a three-week trial on a general liability matter which resulted in a jury verdict in favor of the client.
- Successfully settled a complex matter involving claims of violation of the American with Disabilities Act and California Fair Employment and Housing Act.
- Successfully defeated on demurrer a breach of contract claim and an allegation of wage claim violations asserted by a client’s former employee. Additionally, Randy achieved an award of attorneys’ fees and costs from the former employee.
- Successfully settled claims on behalf of employees and employers regarding claims relating to discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as wage and hour claims.
- Successfully negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of company being sued for failure to pay commissions.
- Successfully negotiated several severance agreements on behalf of high-level employees, including obtaining additional compensation and/or benefits than what was previously offered by the employee’s former employer.
- Assisted numerous employer clients with the preparation of policies and Employee Handbooks, including assistance in roll-out practices, new hire procedures and termination protocol.
- Advised several clients on issues relating to termination of employees, leave of absences, avoiding wage and hour claims, sexual harassment policies and training, and implementation of arbitration agreements.
During law school, Randy served as the President (2006-2007) and Vice-President (2005-2006) of the Student Bar Association and President of the Latino Law Student Association (2005-2006). Randy was the recipient of the Roger C. Henderson Outstanding Student Senior Award, and was awarded the Dean’s Achievement Scholarship Award and the Jennings Strouss Outstanding Law Student Scholarship. Additionally, he successfully argued (with two classmates) before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals as a pro bono representative.
He is a member of the Pasadena Tournament of Roses and Young Professionals of Pasadena, and continues to be an Ambassador for the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law. Outside of the office, Randy enjoys hiking, running, attending athletic events, and, of course, spending time with his family.
Randy joined the The Long Law Group PC in 2017 because he wanted to work with a team of professionals who share the same vision of advocating for our clients.